By Hala Bader al-Humaidhi
Surrender and despair is a disturbing state that controls a person’s psyche and prevents him from moving forward in life to achieve success and achieve goals. Usually a person suffers from this feeling as a result of going through some harsh life experiences and stages that have left their negative effects on his life, we will shed light on this topic, and we will guide you to a set effective tips to move your life forward and fight the feeling of giving up.
The most important aspects that lead to giving up are:
1. A person’s distance from Allah, and his lack of commitment to perform daily prayers that relax the heart and bring peace to it.
2. A person that has been exposed to many problems in life, which negatively affect his psyche and his ability to think and live properly, and these problems usually relate to family life, or work and his professional life.
3. The passage of some difficult situations in a person’s life, such as losing a dear person, or experiencing failure in school or work.
4. Undergoing some difficult financial crises.
5. The decline in the economic conditions in the society in which he lives, which leaves many financial and life problems for him.
6. A person isolating himself and lives alone, far from people and from establishing any normal relationships with them.
What to do when you feel like giving up:
1. Ask yourself ‘why’? What happened that made you feel this way, in other words identify the reason that led you to this feeling.
2. Learn that its ‘OK’ to feel down once in a while, as life sometimes brings you down.
3. Be happy! Surround yourself with people that lift you up, exercise as much as you can, and do the things that you love.
4. Think of all the accomplishments you have done in your life, as I am sure there are many.
5. Get rid of people that bring you down or that remind you of your failures.
6. Persist! Persistence let’s a person drive his life with hope.
Finally, As Tony Robbins says, “It’s our decisions, not our conditions, that ultimately shape the quality of our lives.” You may feel defeated or frustrated, but you can make the decision to take the first step towards changing your state.
* The author is a consultant in Public Relations and Personality Types. Instagram: @Tipsbyhalahill
There are no comments.